Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Everything Is A Trade Off

Why is it that getting started with something you want to change or improve is so difficult? It's the starting that is so hard, then once we get going, it's usually fine. I have been slow to get back into exercising, but once I start it, I enjoy it. A lot of times its something we enjoy but beginning it is often resisted.
 
It's an odd thing; whether its cleaning a closet, or exercising and dieting or even starting a fun craft project, which are all positive things, some people can't seem to get started. Perhaps its commitment or change but these things will make us feel good and yet many resist.
 
Exercising not just for weight loss but for life is important. I couldn't exercise when I was at my heaviest, obviously, but now it amazes me how far I can walk. I have now been getting back into it and it feels great. The more I think about it, the more I realize it may lead back to one thing that I always say. Everything is a trade off. Whatever we do to gain something positive, serves up its losses. With things like projects and cleaning, even exercising we give up time, precious time which goes way too fast as it is. I feel like time is so precious in our lives today that we hold on to it dearly. It could also mean money is that trade off that we are not too quick to part with. Or it could just be the energy it takes to make changes.
 
Time and money are the two things that anything and everything brings to sacrifice. There is no getting out of the trade offs of life. Even losing weight has it's trade off. Now that I am thinner I can't hide behind that excuse to exercise. I can't use that excuse for much anymore.
 
Trade offs are only one of the reasons we can't get started with things, I realize that it's more complex than that, and this is just one thing that comes to my mind. I don't claim to have all the answers but want to share my insights and my outlook and offer food for thought.
 
I for one would love to just roll into making changes, but they rarely seem to come easy to me. I suspect for others as well. So here's to embracing change and cleaning your closet.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment